In the coming weeks and months, we will have to do our part to keep ourselves healthy and prevent the spread of the coronavirus. I am particularly aware that when you or your loved ones come to my clinic, there is a bond of trust that my clinic will do all that is necessary to ensure the well being of those who come. As such I would like to detail for you my clinic protocols so that you will feel safe
1) No patient who has travelled in the last 14 days will seen in the clinic. As orthodontic treatment is considered nonessential, deferment will not be of detriment to your treatment.
2) No patient who has a cough/sore throat/cold and fever will be seen by my clinic
3) Any person who enters the clinic is now required by law to fill out a declaration form. Anyone caught lying on the form will be reported to the authorities (required by law).
4) Nobody can enter Novena Specialist Center without having their temperatures checked. All access points are guarded by security.
1) All staff, upon entering the clinic will be required to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds. This includes toilet breaks as well as coming back from meals.
2) Any staff member who has a sore throat/ cold / cough/ fever will be sent home until fully recovered.
3) All staff must undergo temperature taking twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
4) The seats in the reception area will be disinfected twice a day. Once before lunch and once at the end of the day.
5) All staff, when in close proximity to a patient will not be allowed to remove their masks. This is for the protection of the patient as asymptomatic transmission of the coronavirus has been established.
I hope that you and your loved ones feel safe with the protocols that I have put in place. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the clinic and I will get back to you personally when I can.
Dr Stefan Vaz